This workshop will also provide an excellent opportunity to understand how to use Enterprise Architecture (EA) to realize business goals across industries. We will co-relate the patterns of problem & solutions of various industries.
You will gain significant insight to applying Enterprise Architecture for addressing business problems such as time to market, business transformation, new product/service release, etc.
Challenges & Opportunities
- Tackling demand-supply mismatch
- Maintaining asset quality
- Improving risk management mechanism
- Limited innovation in product offering
- Multiple regulatory frameworks
- Technology adoption
- Increase capabilities and usage of existing systems & technologies (computers, computerized machinery, fiber optics, communication satellites, The Internet, and other ICT tools)
- Use of new technology to create new business potential & opportunities
- Enhance capabilities to support growth of bandwidth-intensive applications
- Define new services by effectively combining existing telephone networks, cable television or internet access, and fiber-optic communication
- Better integration between equipment manufacturers, laptop (& computer manufacturers, telecom service providers, and streaming content suppliers
- Improve offerings related to media streaming of content (radio, television, movies)
- Define new revenue models for data-aware devices (such as Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc.)
- Need for co-ordination among interdisciplinary teams for health care delivery.
- Better supervision of nurses, physiotherapists, scientific or diagnostic laboratories, pathology clinics, residential health facilities, patient advocates.
- Optimal use of resources such as medical equipment, instruments, and services along with trained staff for greater efficiency and on-time delivery.
- Using technology to focus on the eradication of illness through diagnosis and effective treatment.
- Improve Healthcare IT to improve the quality of health care, reduce medical errors, and reduce healthcare costs.
Energy & Utility
- Better means of energy conservation and the efficient use of energy.
- Enhanced use of renewable energy technologies such as biofuels, solar heating and cooling, hydroelectric power, solar power, and wind power
- Easier and faster way of "Fuel switching"
- Improve the efficiency of existing power consumptions
- Ability to scale up and scale down i.e. moving up from micro-scale residential to large-scale industrial and vice versa i.e., large scale to micro.
- Improve efficient energy production methods
- Need to change to more sustainable energy source
- Energy security to prevent attacks on supply infrastructure, minimize accidents and live through natural disasters
- Sell air services at varying prices simultaneously to different segments.
- Pricing of airline tickets for profitability (origin-destination control).
- Complications in scheduling flights resulting in constant adjustment.
- Continuous improvement in processes to optimize operating costs to establish and maintain air services related to workforce use, fuel consumption, airplane utilization, engine maintenance, spares and parts availability.
- IT services and networks
- Improve airport equipment usage, airport handling services, sales, distribution, catering, training, aviation insurance, etc.
- Improve utilization of landside and airside areas
- Need to increase value of airport by providing outlets for products and services, sleeping area, VIP Lounge, etc
- Monitor traffic pattern to improve on Customs & Immigration service as well as security checks
- Build capabilities for Cargo and freight services
- Enhance Airport Support Services such as Aircraft and Passenger Boarding Bridges Maintenance, Pilot Operations, Commissioning, Training Services, Aircraft rental, and hangar rental
- Better Airport Security for baggage checks, metal screenings and prevent attacks
- Continuous improvement in Airport operations by improving air Traffic Control, understanding traffic pattern, better navigational aids, safety management, etc.
Security & Surveillance
- Continuous improvement in routine technical measures and operational procedures
- New and enhanced measures for Information protection to prevent cyber crimes
- Effective coordination among multiple stakeholders (teams) for effective decision-making
- Improve technical capabilities and plans to prevent threats to national assets
- Better framework for security analysis
Media & Publishing
- Use of technology to make communication easier
- New goods and services through newer media channels
- Innovations in content packaging (& re-packaging) and distribution
- New pricing models for on-line or activities that have an on-line version
- Increase efficiency to reach out to diverse people from far and near geographical locations
- Increase transportation infrastructure consisting of the fixed installations including roads, railways, airways, waterways, canals and pipelines
- Add and improve services at terminals such as airports, railway stations, bus stations, warehouses, trucking terminals, refueling depots and seaports
- New and better services to ensure that production and consumption of products to occur at different locations quickly
- Transport planning and forecasting for high utilization and less impact regarding new infrastructure
- Better tools and framework to predict traffic patterns
- Road Transport innovations for designing high-occupancy vehicle lanes, citywide carpool systems, congestion pricing, Bus Rapid Transit, Traffic calming / Speed reduction, integrated pricing strategies, integrated ticketing, parking management, route planning, etc.
- In the electrification system provides electrical energy to the trains