Applying Enterprise Architecture for Solving CEOs Problems
There are generic techniques that are being applied by professionals for problem-solving. Unfortunately, most of the techniques are time taking and not reliable. We have found Business Architecture very helpful in solving CEO problems.
There are several areas that add value, my top two would include
- Improve ability to challenge a decision
- Create multiple solution options
Using Enterprise-Xray technique, a decision maker can gain valuable "Visual Intelligence". This "Visual Intelligence" is key to understanding the anatomy of business strategies and insight to "Collaborating Business Components". These "insight" is key to visualizing impact of change; visualize linkage between goal, strategies and processes, and validate a solution.
You can apply this technique for various problems such as
- How to design some form of accountability to track the success of strategic initiatives?
- What are the benefits to funtional and operation groups due to new inititative?
- What are the risk areas when we move the Call Center from city X to city Y (in country Z)
- How to reduce the time delay from “decision “ to “implementation”?